Sunday, September 2, 2007

Energy comes and goes.......

Jason and I were both excited for a weekend home (despite me being on call) this holiday weekend! Well, early Friday morning Jason woke up with a fever and the stomach bug....fun stuff!! He has been pretty miserable this weekend but seems to be doing much better tonight. His energy has been quite low because of this evil bug.

I on the other hand have had a decent amount of energy compared to the past few months. Yes, I will admit that I have pushed myself a bit too much lately. But, I am just excited that I can do something besides work and lay on the couch. So, to sum up what I have accomplished this weekend I give you my list (it makes me smile - feeling accomplished):

  • I grilled pork chops using a homemade glaze on Friday (I ate it alone since Jason was sick)
  • Helping friends move yesterday (no heavy lifting...just unpacking)
  • Shopping with a friend for some maternity clothes (even got a matenity bathing suit for $8)
  • Going out to dinner with this same friend at 8:30 at night...quite an accomplishment for tired old me!!
  • Woke up much earlier than I needed to for church this morning!!
  • Felt well enough to go to church and enjoy it :-)
  • Cleaned and scrubbed the kitchen
  • Scrubbed the downstairs bathroom
  • Wiped down door handles and light switches on the main floor (don't really ever do that)
  • Laundry!
  • Made cookies for a Labor Day picnic - (Now I have Jason checking on them in the oven as I sit here typing)
  • Roasted a chicken for dinner tonight and for leftovers this week....yummy!!!
  • Oh yeah, and doing this blog that I keep wanting to do!
Now my energy is gone and Jason's is back!! Lol....go figure! Maybe one of these days we can be on the same page as far as energy goes (at least before the baby comes).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Phew! Now I'm tired...

Ashley Smith said...

you're too cute... lol... i can't wait to see my new neice or nephew! Matts pretty sure its a girl by the way =) ok love u guys!